Top 10 Things I’ve Learned This Year
- If you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything. Maybe as a nurse and a generally a healthy person, I have taken my health for granted. This year has shown me that if I don’t take care of myself, no one else will. Using S in GIFTS, you’re the source of everything that happens in your life. If you don’t like something that is happening, you can do something to change it.
- Environment is everything. If I am not doing what I love or not living where I love, it robs me of energy to do the things that I really want to do. I love living in California and find I am much more productive doing what I love in this environment. I find inspiration watching the ocean!
- People will not remember you for what you give them but how you treat them. As I think fondly of the people that I have lost this year, I remember how they treated others. It was who they are in the world that made them so special and how they treated others.
- Be present in the moment. Many times over this year, I’ve caught myself thinking about what might happen in the future rather than what is actually happening now. I know I’ve wasted a lot of energy thinking about what may be versus what is.
- Be true to yourself. If something is out of alignment or doesn’t sit right with me, I need to be a stand for what I want rather than tolerating it.
- Trust my intuition. This year I’ve really tapped into my intuition to guide me. When I listened to my head instead of my heart, things did not go as well as I had planned.
- Things happen for a reason. I see it over and over again with myself and my clients. When something that I perceive as bad happens, there really is some good behind it.
- Embrace your allies. I have found the people in my life that support me and want me to win. These are the people I want to be with rather than the naysayers.
- Respond, do not react. When I become reactive to a situation, I’m acting out of fear and not faith. I can choose my ability to respond and trust that the right outcome will occur.
- Let go of fear and walk in faith. Fear will always be there. It is how we are programmed. But in order to truly have what I want and to create success for others, I get to let go of the fear
I hope some of my life lessons from this year have inspired you. What are your takeaways from 2018? I would love to read them in the comments below.