Empowering Nurses at the Bedside and in Business

Money Is Everywhere

When I was growing up, I could always tell what items in the refrigerator were bought “on sale” because there would be tons of it in the refrigerator.  As a kid, it was pretty funny to open the freezer to find boxes of Lean Cuisine alongside cartons of Häagen-Dazs ice cream.  I could always tell what my parents bought that was on sale by simply looking in the fridge and freezer to see what they stocked up.

Our own relationships with money is very often learned from our parents.  I always thought we could buy things only when they were on sale, because that’s what my parents did.  However, this is called lack thinking.

Just like nursing, we are conditioned and programmed to believe in lack, lack of equipment, lack of supplies, lack of support, lack of time and most importantly, the lack of money.  It is all these thought processes that are difficult to undo.

The truth is that money is everywhere!  In fact, 3% of the human population owns 98% of the world’s riches.  The remaining 2% are in the hands of everyone else. If you divide all the money in the world among all the people, each person would have over 1 million dollars.

This is crazy to me. Money is everywhere . . . all you have to do is just ask.

If you find yourself struggling with money, here’s an exercise to try.  Write down 50 ways that you can make money right now.  It could be anything like teaching English as a second language to immigrants.  It could be going through your house and determining just what you might sell in the Facebook marketplace.  It could be teaching cooking lessons in your home.  Right here you already are 3 of the 50 suggestions as a starter.

Come up with 50 ways that you can make money now, don’t stop at 35, keep going to 50.  There’s magic towards the end.  Once you have your list, then pick the 3 ways that you can make the most money in the least amount of time. Of course, make sure that the ways are all legal (*wink*)!

This will help change your belief system to realize that money is everywhere!

How many times have you found a coin on the ground?  It happens all the time.  Don’t walk past the pennies, nickels and dimes because you feel it’s not worth the effort to pick them up.

One of my friends would take any change he found or had left in his pockets at the end of the work day and place it in a large replica of a soda bottle. One time, he found he had garnered over $300 in the bottle. 

Now, if you’re thinking, “Oh, that’s not it. Amassing coins is not worth the effort,” It is!  It’s worth every single cent.

Really, money is everywhere.  Just look around.  There are numerous opportunities to make money.  And money is energy; it’s all about circulation. Money is meant to be circulated.

You pay others to help you with things that you’re not particularly good at.  You pay the doctor.  The doctor pays his attorney.  The attorney pays their staff.  Money circulates and flows everywhere.

The choice is yours to have money or not.  There are so many things you can do to create a source of money.  If you solve a problem that people have, people will pay for it.  Think about the problems you want to solve for which you are willing to pay. It’s just an energetic circle and the money keeps circulating.

Money is meant for you to receive and then to give, not hold onto like it is a scarce commodity.  

Questions: while growing up, what were your beliefs about money?  And what now are your remedies to change those beliefs?  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.


As Seen On: